Okay, so I didnt get back on the PC yesterday - but when I uploaded pics of my cards to the computer this afternoon I realised that I had some good pictures from our visit to Leeds Castle 2 weeks ago which I hadnt looked at yet.
So I thought I would share a handful....
All afternoon at Leeds Castle I tried to find a peacock willing to display its beautiful tail feathers so I could get a good photo, but they weren't interested! Perhaps it was too hot for such silliness, but right at the end of the day, just as we were leaving the grounds we finally saw a male in the middle of his courtship display :-) He must have been completely smitten by the Hen because he was strutting his stuff and shaking his tail feathers like there was no tomorrow.



So I thought I would share a handful....
All afternoon at Leeds Castle I tried to find a peacock willing to display its beautiful tail feathers so I could get a good photo, but they weren't interested! Perhaps it was too hot for such silliness, but right at the end of the day, just as we were leaving the grounds we finally saw a male in the middle of his courtship display :-) He must have been completely smitten by the Hen because he was strutting his stuff and shaking his tail feathers like there was no tomorrow.

Unfortunately for him, the Hen couldnt have been less interested!!
We had a lovely day out, got lost in the maze, wandered around the grounds for hours and did the tour of the castle too. Entrance tickets for Leeds Castle & grounds are valid for a whole year, so we will definitely be back during the summer.
Finally, I will leave you with the piccies I promised yesterday - I was really pleased with the way these cards turned out, I hope the recipients like them as much as I do!





3 comments:
great pics of the peacock, glad you had a good day out. Those cards look fantastic too, you have been busy (great to see a George in amongst them too!)
btw you've been tagged. x
Oh Kirsti what fantaastic cards! I especially love the George one but I guess I'm bias right? I'm so glad I discovered your blog, I like to have all the Dottie Download blogging customers I can find on the Dottie's World blog roll.
Lou xx
Post a Comment